How to apply
The Gainey Foundation’s Grant Allocation Guidelines
The Gainey Foundation carefully examines all funding requests submitted by registered charitable organizations that offer environmental and/or arts education programs for youth.
Under the Income Tax Act, the Foundation may make grants only to “qualified donees”; for the most part this means federally registered charities.
To be eligible for funding from the Gainey Foundation, an organization must demonstrate that it is well managed and has an active and accountable board of directors.
Generally the Foundation does not support:
- Individual projects;
- Fundraising or debt reduction campaigns
- Telethons, auctions, draws or raffles for fundraising purposes
- Direct advertising campaigns;
- International organizations or those who provide support outside Canada;
- Churches and religious organizations;
- Political parties or any type of activity of political nature;
- Organizations acting as third parties or intermediates and service clubs.
How to apply:
Your organization must complete the Grant Application Form prior to undergoing the evaluation and selection process.
Please include the following documents with your application form:
- A letter of introduction signed by a member of your board or senior management;
- Your budget for the current fiscal year;
- A budget for the program submitted to the Foundation;
- Two comprehensive quotations from different suppliers for any equipment purchase or offer of service;
- The list of administrators and members of the board of directors;
- Most recent audited financial statements;
- Your internal control and administration rules and regulations.
Qualified donees under the Income Tax Act are:
- Registered charities
- Registered Canadian amateur athletic associations
- Housing corporations resident in Canada constituted exclusively to provide low-cost housing for the aged
- The United Nations and its agencies
- Certain universities outside Canada
- Charities outside Canada to which Her Majesty in right of Canada ( i.e the Federal Government) has made a gift during the last twelve months
- Municipalities in Canada
- The Federal Government, Provincial Government, or their agent